- The Importance of the Mandatory Primary Care Plan for Foreign Workers: An Employer's Guide
- Comprehensive Guide To Progressive Wage Model
- Employment Pass Eligibility: Educational Qualifications Is Required By September 2023
- Comprehensive Guide To Hawkers Development Programme In Singapore
- New Update: What You Need to Know About the Senior Worker Support Package 2023: Up to S$125,000 Grants for Companies
- How SMEs & Job Seekers Can Benefit From the Career Trial Programme 2023 [Updated]
- Comprehensive Guide To Temporary Fair Permit In Singapore
- Comprehensive Company Guide: CPF Contribution for Employees
- New Update: What You Need to Know About the Senior Worker Support Package 2023: Up to S$250,000 Grants for Companies
- Employing Workers with Special Needs in Singapore - What Other Grants Support Is There? [Updated]
COVID-19 And Work-Life Grant 2020
Updated: Application for Enhanced Work Life Grant has ended on 1st June 2020, but you can still apply for the normal WLG.
Read more about other Government initiatives and support that help SMEs stay afloat during Covid-19.
Most business owners should have already heard of the Work-Life Grant (WLG) or maybe Flexi-Work Arrangements (FWAs). But if you have not, it is now time to listen up.
The Work-Life Grant is an existing scheme by Workforce Singapore and Ministry of Manpower, and has been implemented and enhanced since 2018. It is used to promote work-life balance in companies by offering an incentive of $2,000 for every local worker on FWAs, up to 35 workers per company. This funding support will help to implement and sustain FWAs for all employees.
So how does the WLG benefit companies during the Covid-19 situation?
Instead of the usual six months to qualify, companies only need to have their workers on FWAs for one month. Which is great news for companies that have already been implementing telecommuting and staggered work hours during this period. However, do note that the Enhanced WLG is only applicable for permanent employees or those with a minimum employment contract term of 12 months. Ad hoc or temporary workers will not be eligible.
Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Manpower Low Yen Ling also said the Work-Life Grant can be used to buy laptops, software and related equipment for telecommuting. By adopting flexi-work arrangements, it will not only help companies to overcome the immediate challenges posed by Covid-19, but also help companies to “ride the wave of changing workplace norms, become a more inclusive, caring, and also attractive employer, and thereby attracting better talent.” in the long run.
Companies can start applying for the Work-Life Grant from 20th April 2020, and the lower requirements will apply after the “Circuit Breaker” period ends on 4th May 2020.
How to apply
SNEF, NTUC’s e2i and Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) are the only official Programme Partners for Work-Life Grant.
If you are interested, you must apply directly to SNEF, NTUC’s e2i or SMF. Application is free.
Third party applications through consultants or vendors will not be accepted. MOM, WSG, SNEF, NTUC’s e2i or SMF do not endorse any consultants or vendors and their services and products.
For more information, please visit https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/good-work-practices/work-life-grant.
Not sure whether your company can be qualified for bank loans or alternative lending? Try our A.I assisted loan, and Smart Towkay team will send you a lending report within 24 hours' time. With the lending report, we aggregate and recommend the highest chance of approval be it with BANKS / FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS or Alternative lenders like Peer to Peer Lenders or even B2B lender!
Got a Question?
WhatsApp Us, Our Friendly Team will get back to you asap :)
Share with us your thoughts by leaving a comment below!
Stay updated with the latest business news and help one another become Smarter Towkays. Subscribe to our Newsletter now!