- What is Google My Business and How Can it Benefit Businesses?
- AS OF 24 NOV 2020 - SINGAPORE DAILY COVID CASES: 18 NEW CASES, ALL IMPORTED CASES
- What Are Resale Endowment Policies, Should You Invest In One?
- Full Details of SingapoRediscover Vouchers Released, What Can Singaporeans Enjoy?
- Community Integration Fund (CIF) Workplace Integration Resource (WIRe) - OneWorkplace.sg
- **Reduced Rate** ETHOZ TEMPORARY BRIDGING LOAN 4.5%
- ***LOWEST COMMERCIAL PROPERTY LOAN RATES*** SCB 2YR 3M SIBOR Year 1: 0.99%, Year 2: 0.99%, Year 3: 1.79%, Year 4: 1.79%
- ***LOWEST HOME LOAN RATES*** RHB 2YR 1M SIBOR Year 1:1.05%, Year 2:1.05%, Year 3:1.20%, Year 4:1.50%
- Singapore Announces New “Tech.Pass” Visas for Elite Foreign Tech Talent
- Amendments to PDPA Necessarily a Mixed Bag for Personal Data Protection
Peer to Peer Lending Loans Singapore
Who can apply for a business term loan?
Any locally incorporated company with at least 30% local shareholding can apply for a business term loan, no matter how big or how small, although some lenders will only lend to private limited companies, so you need to check this.
Different lenders have their respective industry exclusion list which includes but are not limited to:
- Casinos, gambling &/or gambling equipment
- Lethal military weapons & equipment
- Traders in precious metals (retail sales of jewelry is acceptable)
- Antique dealers
- Night Clubs/ Bars
- Money Lenders/ Pawn shops
- Money Changers/ Exchange/ Remittance
- Any other businesses which are involved in illegal activities or which could adversely affect the Bank’s reputation
*above stated as a general guideline as, unlike personal loan, business loan credit assessments are more comprehensive and detailed.
How much can I borrow for a business loan?
Most lenders have a maximum quantum that each company can take up. The amount usually ranges from $300,000 to $500,000 but certain lenders have a higher approval quantum of up to $1,000,000/- or more.
What are the maximum tenures for a business term loan?
The tenures for business term loans can range from 1 to 5 years. The longer your tenure is, the lower your monthly instalments will be and the more interest you will incur.
Are there any additional fees I need to be aware of?
All lenders charge a fixed processing fee of 1-2% and some lenders charge an annual fee. Thus, do scrutinise your offer letter closely before signing. Late fees and charges are applicable among all lenders.
What are the required documents for submission?
Most lenders will require the standard documents listed below for processing:
- Latest 6 months company’s operating account
- Latest 2 years company audited/ management report
- Latest 2 years notice of assessment of directors/shareholders
- Photocopy of directors/shareholders NRIC (front and back)
Some may ask for additional documents such as company’s debtor aging list, corporate Notice Of Assessment, GST tax filing, etc.
What if I have an unsuccessful application in the past? Can I apply again?
Different lenders have different credit criteria; an unsuccessful application in one lender does not mean straight rejection from other lenders. But the rule of thumb is that one can apply for a loan again, from the same lender who rejected their initial application, in another 6 months’ time.
Will taking up a business term loan affect my personal residential purchase in the future?
All business term loans will require the company’s directors & shareholders to be the personal guarantors. As per MAS notice 645 TDSR (Total Debt Servicing Ratio) guidelines, 20% of the monthly repayment instalment of any relevant credit facility in respect of which the borrower is a guarantor will be factored into the TDSR calculation.
How long is the whole application process?
Can smart-towkay.com Help With My Application?
Yes, of course. Besides applying by yourself, you can engage us to act as a middleman between you and potential lenders. We understand the daunting task of going through the whole rigorous process of documents submission and numerous Q&As for a company to take up a business term loan. Our job is to work on your behalf to find the best business term loan lenders who best fit your needs with the lowest rates. We have a well-developed stable of lenders we work with, making your life easier.
We are like your company loan concierge; we do all the legwork for you, negotiate terms, and make the approval magic happen. All for a nominal fee, of course.
Disclaimer: Interest rates above are Financial Institution public broadcast rates, depending on Borrowers' Financial Standing, rates may varies according to banks' credit and risk assessment.
Words From Our Customers
We love to hear
I used to depend on loan brokers for my working capital requirement. They usually charge me 3-5% success-based fees, but with Smart-Towkay.Com, I can do my own submission without paying any fees!
Company Director Manufacturing Company
Company Director Fintech
With the loan eligibility calculator, I am able to know what business loans financial institutions can offer me based on my financial profile. And my loan approval was close to the lending report Smart-Towkay.Com generated!
We chose to engage Smart-Towkay team for our financing needs, and they handily managed to secure the amount that we requested. The whole process was streamlined, and we received consistent updates through their user portal. Am impressed by their professionalism.
Financial Manager Construction Company
FINDING THE BEST BUSINESS LOAN IS EASYHere are some benefits of applying for your loan through Smart-Towkay.Com
We’ve aggregated all the latest Business Loan so you can save time comparing them.
Find Business Loan rates and promotions you might have missed.
Apply hassle free online and get the cash you need as soon as possible. It is easy