- The Pros and Cons of Debt Financing in The Early Phase of Business
- AS OF 1st JUL 2020 - SINGAPORE DAILY COVID CASES: 215 NEW CASES INCLUDING 6 SINGAPOREANS / PRs, 4 WORK PASS HOLDERS
- SINGAPORE GENERAL ELECTION 2020 (GE2020): NOMINATION DAY - SUMMARY OF WHO ARE CONTESTING IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY
- 8 Common Questions SMEs Have About The Temporary Bridging Loan Programme (TBLP) 2020
- Singtel/PSG Grant: As of 30/6/2020, Singtel has changed laptop model to - Lenovo Thinkpad E14
- 5 Ways To Build Business Credit in Singapore 2020
- COVID-19: The Rise of Alternative Lending
- OCBC TEMPORARY BRIDGING LOAN 1.5% EIR (For Existing OCBC Business Banking Account and Max 2 yrs loan tenor)
- Why This Year Singapore General Election (GE2020) Will Be A Different Yet Most Interesting Election
- Estate Planning for Business Owners: What is Credit Protection Planning and How Is It Important
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can't find an answer to your question below, you may contact us at Towkay@Smart-Towkay.com
With a business term loan, you are lent a certain sum of money over a period of years, and the interest rate and monthly payments are fixed over the term.
Some business lenders offer access to short-term finance and others will allow you to borrow larger sums over a longer period.
With the rise of peer-to-peer lending and private funding, business owners have more choices for short or long term funding depending on their individual needs.
Business owners can also tap on government backed SME loans such as Spring Singapore micro loan and working capital loan at low-interest rates.
Any locally incorporated company with at least 30% local shareholding can apply for a business term loan, no matter how big or how small, although some lenders will only lend to private limited companies, so you need to check this.
Different lenders have their respective industry exclusion list which includes but not limited to:
- Casinos, gambling &/or gambling equipment
- Lethal military weapons & equipment
- Traders in precious metals (retail sales of jewelry is acceptable)
- Antique dealers
- Night Clubs/ Bars
- Money Lenders/ Pawn shops
- Money Changers/ Exchange/ Remittance
- Any other businesses which are involved in illegal activities or which could adversely affect the Bank’s reputation
*above served as a general guideline as unlike personal loan, business loan credit assessments are more comprehensive and detailed.
Most lenders will require below standard documents for processing while some may ask for additional documents such as company’s debtor aging list, corporate Notice Of Assessment, GST tax filing, etc.
- Latest 6 months company’s operating account
- Latest 2 years company audited/ management report
- Latest 2 years notice of assessment of directors/shareholders
- Photocopy of directors/shareholders NRIC (front and back)
Different lenders have different credit criteria; an unsuccessful application in one lender does not mean straight rejection in other lenders. But the rule of thumb is firm can apply for the same lender who rejected their initial application in another 6 months time.
Will taking up a business term loan affect my personal residential purchase in the future?
All business term loans will require company’s director & shareholder to be the personal guarantor. As per MAS notice 645 TDSR (Total Debt Servicing Ratio) guideline, 20% of the monthly repayment instalment of any relevant credit facility in respect of which the borrower is a guarantor will be factor in the TDSR calculation.
Of course, in our platform beside the transparency of bank interest rates and the useful information on getting a business term loan in our constantly updated blog, we too understand the daunting task of going through the whole rigorous process of documents submission and numerous Q&A for a company to take up a business term loan.
Besides applying yourself, you can choose us to acts as a middleman between you and potential lenders. Our job is to work on your behalf and with several lenders to find the best business term loan lenders who best fit your needs with the lowest rates. We have a well-developed stable of lenders we work with, making your life easier.
We are like your company loan concierge and do all the legwork for you, negotiate terms and make the approval magic happen all for a