Do you know that instead of buying a new domain and building your site ranking power and SEO (search engine optimization), you can actually buy an expired domain that will still be able to retain the above mentioned?
For example, a domain that has been around for a decade, and has many backlinks, and also ranked high in the Alexa ranking usually has a lot of link juice that can be utilized.
With a new domain, you will have to work harder to build up its authority, build new content and backlinks etc. Moreover, domain age authority will only come with time.
So of course, with a sought-after domain, you can actually make a profit out of it.
Here at Smart-Towkay, we crawl the internet every day to find value for money domain with a .sg or .com.sg for you.
The list will be updated on a daily or weekly basis so that you can keep coming back to see which expired domain might fit your company and you will be surprised that these domains, which at a glance look valuable, are available for you. It definitely makes one wonder why it is available in the first place. Probably some domains are simply a case where the owner forgets to renew, so someone's loss is your gain!
Closing or shutting down your business? Have a domain which you think is valuable? Email us at email@example.com.
Let us know your selling domain and your selling price and we will list it for you!*
*Note, if we think that the domain is not really sought-after or value for money, we will not be obliged to list it.
- Search the internet archive on what business or website that is associated with the domain in the past. (You wouldn’t want to buy a domain that has sleazy or illegal business linked to it). https://archive.org/web/
- Search for past google information of the site by opening up google.com.sg and key in info: XXX.sg
- Search for past owner of the site via https://www.whois.com/whois/
- Smart-Towkay Rating: Our recommendation is based on the number of backlinks, useability of the domain name, how many letters of words consist of the domain, ALEXA ranking,etc.
- Domain Availability: https://sg.godaddy.com/
**Disclaimer: We do not take any responsibility for users who have purchased the domain with blackhat back links or bad reputation linked to it. Buyers should do their own discretion background checks.
Updated as of 08 May 2020
Bookmark this page! We will be updating it on a daily basis! *Click on the cell for the availability if you are viewing via mobile.
Note that once a domain expired, we will update the availability here, unless it has been renewed or purchased.
Periodically, we will update the availability of the site if any of our readers bought the expired site
So you choose your domain, what's next?
The .sg domain has nine extensions as per below. Make sure you can legally use the extension you’d like.
Below source from https://www.constructdigital.com/insight/domain-registration-singapore
- .sg: This category is available to all with a valid Singapore postal address. A foreign applicant may apply for a domain name in this category as long as it appoints a local agent having a valid Singapore postal address as the Administrative Contact.
- com.sg: Applicants registering for a .com.sg will need to be either registered, or in the midst of registering, with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), IE Singapore or any professional body. A foreign company which has not registered may only apply for a .com.sg domain name if it appoints a local agent as the Administrative Contact. This local agent shall be a legal entity that is similarly registered by any of the afore-mentioned organisations and is duly authorised by the foreign company.
- org.sg: Names under .org.sg are only available to organisations which are either registered, or in the midst of registering, with the Registry of Societies (ROS). Town councils, community centres, places of worship, embassies and any other organisations not classified elsewhere could also apply for this extension.
- edu.sg: Only educational institutions may apply for this category. Applicants must be registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Singapore.
- gov.sg: Applicants for this category must be members of the Singapore government.
- net.sg: Applicants for this category must be a provider operating infocomm networks or providing infocomm services, and/or providing data storage facilities or hosting services.
- per.sg : This category is for the registration of personal domain names.
- 新加坡: This category is the Chinese language equivalent of the .sg category. The same eligibility criteria apply.
- சிங்கப்பூர்: This category is the Tamil language equivalent of the .sg category. The same eligibility criteria apply.
Step 2: Choosing a registrar
In Singapore, you can register your .sg domain name with any of the below registrars accredited by Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC).
- Adicio Pte Ltd
- Crazy Domains FZ-LLC
- CSC Corporate Domains Inc
- Exabytes Network (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- ICONZ-Webvisions Pte Ltd
- Instra Corporation Pte Ltd
- IP Mirror Pte Ltd
- MarkMonitor Inc.
- NewMedia Express Pte Ltd
- Safenames Ltd
- Singnet Pte Ltd
- Top3 Media Pte Ltd
- United Domains AG
- Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd
- Vooju Pte Ltd
- Web Commerce Communications Limited
There are also many external registrars, both in Singapore and overseas.
Domain registrars’ fees vary (most range between $50-80/year for .com.sg or .sg; non-Singapore specific names such as .com or .net go for much cheaper, around $7-15/year), depending on whether they include other value-added services such as website and email hosting services.
Godaddy.com is the world’s largest domain-name registrar with over 14 million customers worldwide. They have about 62 million domains under management and offers excellent 24/7 customer care.
Through sg.godaddy.com, they offer .com registration starting as low as $1.53/month for the first year. The promotion offers an Email Starter Package and either Website Builder Personal Plan or Online Store Plan (as selected by customer). GoDaddy also offers value-added services such as web hosting, email and web security services.
You can register .sg domain names for as little as $9.99 for the first year, if you register for two years or more. Additional years will be priced at $80.99. One downer is that GoDaddy does not currently offer registration services for .com.sg (as of November 2016).
Another popular option is hostpapa.sg. It offers free domain registration for one year if you sign up for basic plan at $4.95/month. It includes services for hosting two websites, 100 email accounts and disk space of 100GB.
Other top-rated services in Singapore include www.singhost.net (offers domain registration for .sg and .com.sg starting at $60/year) and www.webvisions.com ($50/year for .com.sg and .sg names).
Above source from https://www.constructdigital.com/insight/domain-registration-singapore
Not sure whether your company can be qualified for bank loans or alternative lending? Try our A.I assisted loan, and Smart Towkay team will send you a lending report within 24 hours' time. With the lending report, we aggregate and recommend the highest chance of approval be it with BANKS / FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS or Alternative lenders like Peer to Peer Lenders or even B2B lender!
Got a Question?
WhatsApp Us, Our Friendly Team will get back to you asap :)
Share with us your thoughts by leaving a comment below!
Stay updated with the latest business news and help one another become Smarter Towkays. Subscribe to our Newsletter now!