- Xiaomi’s New Logo – Marketing Farce, or Ridiculous Masterpiece?
- What To Do When Your Business Gets Tax Audited
- Singapore Employment Rights for Interns and Trainees
- Singapore Income Tax: Are Your Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) or Job Growth Incentives (JGI) COVID-19-Related Payouts Taxable?
- Top Payroll Systems for Singapore SMEs
- ***LOWEST COMMERCIAL LOAN RATES*** MAYBANK 2YR 3M SIBOR Year 1:1.24%, Year 2:1.24%, Year 3:3.24%, Year 4:3.24%
- ***LOWEST RESIDENTIAL LOAN RATES*** RHB 3YR 1M SIBOR Year 1:1.08%, Year 2:1.08%, Year 3:1.13%, Year 4:1.53%
- “Golden Handcuffs” – Incentivising Star Employees to Stay
- Singapore Businesses’ Guide to Hiring Interns 2021
- Understanding Your Credit Report from Credit Bureau Singapore
Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG): Singtel × MacBook Laptop Bundle
***Our office will be closed after 3pm on 31 December.
31st Dec 2020- Do note that all Mac Laptop request will not be entertained anymore as won't be in time to generate the quotation.
For Windows Laptops request, on best effort basis we will try to send the quotation by today for any request before 12pm. (31st Dec 2020)- Grant submission deadline will be on 31 December 2020, there is strictly no extension for this grant***
Updated 9th December 2020:
The PSG grant for laptop will end on 31st December 2020.
If you have not applied for the grant yet, remember to do so as approval time is taking longer than expected now!
For more brands like Lenovo, Dell and HP, please click here: Best PSG-Approved Business Laptop Comparison 2020
Good news for Apple users!
Singtel is finally offering the Productivity Solutions Grant (PSG) for MacBook Laptop Bundle.
Productivity Solutions Grant is a Government grant that supports companies that are keen to adopt IT solutions and equipment to enhance their business processes. PSG allows companies to claim funding support of up to 80% for laptop bundles (laptop capped at S$1,500 + Online Collaboration Tools up to S$13,000), and each company can claim up to 3 sets.
MacBook Pro 13"
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz - Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
- Memory: 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- Storage: 256GB SSD storage
- Display: 13-inch Retina display with True Tone - Operating System: MacOS
- Keyboard: Magic Keyboard
- Ports: Two Thuderbolt 3 ports
- Other(s): Touch Bar and Touch ID
Note: The PSG grant for Macbook Pro is under Intel Processor (2020 Version) and not the latest M1 processor chip
- (3 years) AppleCare+ for 13-inch MacBook Pro, including Battery
- (1st year) Defective Hard Drive Retention and Replacement
Via Apple Authorised Service Providers, operated by A-Labs & QCD. Does not cover Apple flagship/retails stores & AppleCare+ call support
- (3 years) Next Business Day On-site support, phone and email support by trained service personnel (by A-Labs & QCD)
Due to lack of guaranteed supply, the current model is subject to stock availability, and Singtel reserves the right to offer an alternative model with comparable specifications.
*Do note that the model is subjected to change without prior notice, but will meet the minimum requirements by IMDA. Allocation is based on a first-come-first serve basis.
How much does the MacBook Bundle cost?
MacBook Pro 13” costs S$2,178 + Microsoft 365 costs S$189.48 = S$2,367.48.
After GST = S$2,533.20.
PSG grant is capped at S$1,500 per laptop = 80% * S$1,500 = S$1,200 per laptop.
For Microsoft 365, after 80% PSG = 80% * S$189.48 = S$151.58.
Total amount claimable = S$1,351.58
(GST is not claimable)
Total cost after PSG = S$2,533.20 - S$1,351.58 = S$1,181.62.
1. How do I know if I am eligible to apply for PSG?
Your company must be registered and operating in Singapore, with a minimum of 30% local shareholding.
Purchase of IT solutions and laptops must be used in Singapore.
2. How can I apply?
You can fill in the Interest Form here, and we will send it to the dedicated representative to provide you with a quotation and the required application forms. Send back after completing the forms to secure the booking of the laptop(s).
You will then need to log in to the Business Grant Portal (BGP) with your Corp Pass, and submit the quotation slip to apply for PSG. Detailed instructions on how to apply via the BGP can be found here: https://www.businessgrants.gov.sg/how_it_works
You can keep track of your application on the BGP. Approval takes around 7 - 10 days. Thereafter, submit the Letter of Offer together with completed application forms back to your dedicated representative, who will proceed with your application. Delivery of laptop(s) will be advised thereafter.
After making payment and upon receiving your laptop, you are required to submit the claims via BGP too.
3. Can I buy a laptop first without PSG approval and apply for the grant later?
No, companies need to provide the PSG approval letter together with ACRA before your order can be processed.
4. Can I choose a different laptop model?
No, you are not allowed to choose the laptop model.
5. Can I get an iPad / Lenovo / Microsoft Surface?
No, you are not allowed to choose other brands. You can only purchase the current model provided.
6. How many laptops can I purchase?
Each company can only purchase up to 3 laptops.
7. If I purchase 3 laptops from Singtel, can I still purchase another 3 laptops from M1?
PSG limits 3 laptops per company, and you are required to get approval for the grant first before proceeding with the purchase.
8. Can I opt out of AppleCare+ or Microsoft 365?
This is a bundle, ie Laptop + an Online Tool, hence no opt out is available and PSG approval is based on bundled price.
9. Can I request to increase to 16gb ram or other add-ons?
This is a pre-approved specification according to IMDA requirements, hence any changes to the laptop is not allowed.
10. If I had already purchased 1 quantity of laptop bundle using PSG, can I still purchase another 2 MacBook Laptop bundle since per company can purchase up to 3 laptop bundles?
No, you won’t be able to qualify for further laptop purchases once you have claimed the laptop subsidy under PSG, regardless of the laptop quantity claimed for the first application.
Each company can only apply once, hence decide on the number of laptops your company requires first before applying.