- Xiaomi’s New Logo – Marketing Farce, or Ridiculous Masterpiece?
- What To Do When Your Business Gets Tax Audited
- Singapore Employment Rights for Interns and Trainees
- Singapore Income Tax: Are Your Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) or Job Growth Incentives (JGI) COVID-19-Related Payouts Taxable?
- Top Payroll Systems for Singapore SMEs
- ***LOWEST COMMERCIAL LOAN RATES*** MAYBANK 2YR 3M SIBOR Year 1:1.24%, Year 2:1.24%, Year 3:3.24%, Year 4:3.24%
- ***LOWEST RESIDENTIAL LOAN RATES*** RHB 3YR 1M SIBOR Year 1:1.08%, Year 2:1.08%, Year 3:1.13%, Year 4:1.53%
- “Golden Handcuffs” – Incentivising Star Employees to Stay
- Singapore Businesses’ Guide to Hiring Interns 2021
- Understanding Your Credit Report from Credit Bureau Singapore
COVID-19: Facebook Grant For Singapore SMEs 2020
Facebook Singapore is offering S$4.75 million in grants to support 800 local SMEs. Each grant amounts to S$5,500 which includes S$3,500 in cash and S$2,000 in optional ad credits.
This is part of a global initiative by Facebook Group in offering up to US$100 million for small businesses during this difficult time as announced in March 2020.
Besides this grant, Facebook has also rolled out Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping to further assist SMEs in creating online stores on Facebook and Instagram. It also provides a business resource hub to help SMEs stay open and connected during this Covid-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible for the Grant?
1. Business must be more than a year old (according to ACRA registration)
2. Have between 2 and 50 employees
3. Have experienced challenges due to COVID-19
4. Be in or near a location where Facebook operates (Yes, all Singapore SMEs are eligible)
Note that application is between 16th and 22nd September 2020 for Singapore SMEs.
The grant can be used for:
1. In retaining and hiring of local workforce (And yes, you can use the grant for new hire and still be qualified for the Various Hiring Grants by Singapore Government)
2. Help with rental and operational costs
3. Connect with more customers
4. Support your business community
5. Expansion of business
How do I apply?
SMEs that are eligible for the grants can apply here:
What documents do I need to prepare?
1. Your company ACRA dated year 2020 (SMEs can purchase their latest ACRA here)
2. Prepare answer to their questionnaire as below:
- Describe the impact and challenges posed by COVID-19 to your business in 2020?
- Why do you need the grant?
- How would your use of the grant make an impact on the local community?
This is great news for SMEs!
Good Luck and May Your Business be amongst the 800 selected businesses :)