- AS OF 28 Oct 2020 - SINGAPORE DAILY COVID CASES: 7 NEW CASES, ALL IMPORTED
- Forced to Remain Closed Even After Phase 3 – The Death of Singapore’s Nightlife Scene is Looming
- SMEs should have received their JSS payout today
- The third payout of the Self-Employed Person Income Relief Scheme (SIRS) will be disbursed within a week from 28 October 2020.
- COVID-19: What to Expect As We Move Towards Phase 3
- Minimum Wage VS Progressive Wage Model – Is There a Point in Comparing Them?
- Countries That Singaporeans Can Travel To Amidst Covid-19 Restrictions
- FS- BUSINESS TERM LOAN -BTL 9% for 12 months. Application Starts on 1st Nov 2020
- Remote Working: Employers And Employees' Disagreement Over Working From Home
- Natalie Siow Has Become An Influencer, Should Businesses Enable That?
Calling All Start-ups & Young SMEs: Receive Up To $12,000* Salary Subsidy Grant For Your Fresh Polytechnic Grad Hire
Great news for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) that are looking to hire local graduates! Ngee Ann Polytechnic has launched a programme “Startup Talent Factory”, funded by Skills Singapore, to encourage polytechnic graduates to work in startups after they have graduated. Participating startups will receive a salary subsidy of S$1,000 per month for up to S$12,000 for every polytechnic graduate they hire through the programme.
Join the Startup Talent Factory now as a participating company to receive a salary subsidy grant of up to $12,000* for employing a fresh polytechnic graduate.
The graduates can be from any of the 5 local Polytechnics:
1. Nanyang Polytechnic
2. Ngee Ann Polytechnic
3. Republic Polytechnic
4. Singapore Polytechnic
5. Temasek Polytechnic
The Startup Talent Factory is a 9 to 12 month SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme designed to nurture the next generation of budding entrepreneurs.
As a participating company, simply on-board fresh poly grads from any of the 5 local polytechnics into full-time employment to fill suitable job roles within your company and sponsor them for the Certificate in Entrepreneurship course. This course is designed to develop the candidate’s flourishing entrepreneurial skills. As this is a company-sponsored programme, participating companies are required to pay for the candidates’ course fees.
Participating companies can receive up $12,000* salary subsidy grant per poly grad hired and placed on the programme. In addition, the programme offers to match eligible fresh poly grads to your job description, and will send you candidate cv’s for your shortlisting and interviewing purposes.
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship course is a SkillsFuture Work-Study Post Diploma offered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic. The course structure is as follows:
Credit: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
The focus of this entrepreneurial programme is for Startups and young SMEs who are actively looking for new talent to expand their team. Preferably, participating companies should use technology as their core business or technology to empower their business. Participating companies should also be able to provide job roles for candidates in areas such as business development, digital marketing, and/or user experience design etc.
Other criteria that participating companies should meet include:
i. At least 30% local shareholding
ii. Group annual sales turnover of not more than $100 million
iii. Group employment size of not more than 200 employees
In addition, companies should be able to provide a competitive starting salary and career development opportunities for the candidate.
Note that SMEs can still tap on various hiring grants such as PMAX & Job Growth Incentive together with this SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme.
*Terms & Conditions apply